"The School House believes in creating dynamic early learning experiences for children of all ages. Our goal is to co-create an environment where children are viewed as developing beings, who have a voice, who have knowledge and who are capable of co-constructing their learning experience, as well as our collective culture, beliefs and values. The educator's responsibility therefore, is to make this learning visible and to celebrate it while meeting the child where they are, taking their hand to show them all this world has to offer."
We are currently recruiting for several positions. We require applicants in both our Infant Toddler & 3-5 year old Classrooms, as well as for a Management Position
1) Licensed Early Childhood Educator
Job Title: Early Childhood Educator
Position(s): Fulltime 36-40hrs/week
Programs: Bobcat- 3-5 Program
Qualifications: Licensed in British Columbia, Early Childhood Educator and/or Infant Toddler Educator
2) Early Childhood Centre Management Position
Job Title: ECLC Manager
Programs: The School House ECLC
Hours: 24hr/week, 8:00-4:00 3 days/week- This position may increase to fulltime in Septemeber 2020
Qualifications: Early Childhood Education Diploma plus experience managing a childcare centre
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter & resume to:
The School House ECLC
Attn: Veronica Maclean
1623 Falls Street
Nelson, BC V1L 1J7
Or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within your cover letter please describe:
1. What does professional practice look like? Why is it important?
2. What strategies would you use to model and share knowledge with all staff?
3. What is communication and how do we do communication in a way that supports diversity and is inclusive?
4. Your experience and knowledge of BC Early Learning Framework and how it supports Inclusive Care.
- Will be committed to upholding the ECE Code of Ethics; a professional practice and professionalism within the sector.
- Engage in a reflective practice that includes ongoing documentation, and collaboration.
- Will be committed to engaging in professional development, creating learning opportunities that support an inclusive lens and to work within the center to promote an inclusive care practice throughout.
Wages & Benefits: Wages as per The School House’s Wage Scale are based on education: 18.25-20.75 plus a $500 signing bonus.
First Aid, CRC, upon hiring; after the 3 month probationary period, professional development and 1 sick day month.
Chamber of Commerce Medical and Dental benefit package available after 3 months of service.
Positions Available: February 1, 2020