"The School House believes in creating dynamic early learning experiences for children of all ages. Our goal is to co-create an environment where children are viewed as developing beings, who have a voice, who have knowledge and who are capable of co-constructing their learning experience, as well as our collective culture, beliefs and values. The educator's responsibility therefore, is to make this learning visible and to celebrate it while meeting the child where they are, taking their hand to show them all this world has to offer."
We are currently recruiting for several positions. We require applicants in both our Infant Toddler & 3-5 year old Classrooms, as well as for a Management Position
1) Licensed Early Childhood Educator
Job Title: Primary Educator
Position(s): Fulltime 36-40hrs/week, 4 day work week with rotating day off
Programs: Bobcat- 3-5 Program
Qualifications: Licensed in British Columbia, Early Childhood Educator and/or Infant Toddler Educator, plus minimum 2 years experience
2) Licensed Early Childhood Educator
Job Title: Primary Educator- Program Leader
Programs: Wildcat After School Care
Qualifications: Minimum 2 years experience in childcare, preference given to individuals Licensed in British Columbia, Early Childhood Educator. Enthusiastic, creative, innovative and passionate early childhood educator who will take pride and ownership in creating, facilitating and maintaining an after school curriculum and program that honors, respects and engages children k-12. Emphasis on project based learning and activities, planned field trips, outdoor excursion with attention to fostering inclusion, reciprocity, interdependence, safety, compassion and cooperation within the group.
3) Early Childhood Centre Management Position
Job Title: ECLC Manager
Programs: The School House ECLC
Hours: 24hr/week, 8:00-4:00 3 days/week- This position may increase to fulltime in September 2020
Qualifications: Early Childhood Education Diploma plus experience managing a childcare centre
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter & resume to:
The School House ECLC
Attn: Veronica Maclean
1623 Falls Street
Nelson, BC V1L 1J7
Or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Within your cover letter please describe:
1. What does professional practice look like? Why is it important?
2. What strategies would you use to model and share knowledge with all staff?
3. What is communication and how do we do communication in a way that supports diversity and is inclusive?
4. Your experience and knowledge of BC Early Learning Framework and how it supports Inclusive Care.
- Will be committed to upholding the ECE Code of Ethics; a professional practice and professionalism within the sector.
- Engage in a reflective practice that includes ongoing documentation, and collaboration.
- Will be committed to engaging in professional development, creating learning opportunities that support an inclusive lens and to work within the center to promote an inclusive care practice throughout.
Wages & Benefits: Wages as per The School House’s Wage Scale are based on education: 18.00-20.00 plus a $500 signing bonus.
First Aid, Criminal Record Check, License to Practice in British Columbia
Upon hiring; after the 3 month probationary period, paid professional development and 1 sick day per month.
Chamber of Commerce Medical and Dental benefit package available after 3 months of service.
Positions Available: March 1, 2020